Check out the main site at:

www.my-fishing-buddy.com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 7, 2010 - It's on!

With the warming trend and the falling river flows, I just HAD to leave work early and hit the river. While I was launching, I met some guys at the ramp that told me that the fishing had been pretty tough and between the 3 boats of guys, they didn't have much success...

Ugh, I started to wonder if taking off of work was a good idea.

But, I stayed optimistic and hit the water...and I'm glad that I did. It started off slow, as I found that only the small males had made it to the shallow spawning areas so far. But, once I started hitting my winter to spring migration points...I was on them pretty good.

Fished for 3 hours and caught (16) smalles. Biggest (5) were: 4-3, 4-1, 3-13, 3-11 and 3-0.
A 18 lb 12 oz bag...not bad. Not great, for spring standards, but not bad.

Here is a quick video

Susquehanna River Smallmouth Fishing - April 7, 2010 from Brett Dunn on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment