Check out the main site at:

www.my-fishing-buddy.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oct 23, 2010 - Susquehanna River



Finally got out on the river today (Susquehanna). It's been 5 months since I was out in my jetboat, ugh!

Anyway...did ok. Caught 7 smallies and lost a few. Biggest was 4 lbs 8 oz. Caught most of the fish on a swimbait and a couple on a jerkbait (LC Pointer).

Pattern took me most of the day to figure out. Active fish were right at the front of major neck downs, in the strongest current. Not in the seams, not in the eddies...at the head of major rapids...very strange for this time of year. Once I figured it out, I got on them pretty good.

Water temps ranged from 54 on the east side to 61 on the west side. Temps need to come down 5-10 degrees before the fish will really get serious about the fall feed.

Stay tuned, will post video soon.

Fish on!

Brett

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Where have you been Brett. I hope all is well with you and yours. We've missed you on the forums. Hope to see you out fishing soon. (after the season closure) PS We are the husband and wife on the Tracker 175 inboard.

    ReplyDelete