Check out the main site at:

www.my-fishing-buddy.com

Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 7 & 8, 2010 Susquehanna River

Friday morning was supposed to be cloudy and the river level was looking good. So, I took off of work in the morning and hit the river. The plan was to fish until about 11:00 am, but the fishing was cut short because I broke my trolling motor prop on a rock...ugh! I know, I know...you should always have a spare, but I didn't.

Anyway, the fishing was pretty darned good for the 2 hours or so that I fished. I ended up with something like 10 smallies. Caught several in the 3-4 lb range.

The pattern was post-spawn, moving water, super shallow, in all of the normal feeding positions.

Caught fish on spinnerbaits and swimbaits, as usual. No reason to throw tubes and senko's when they are this aggressive.

Saturday, Debbi and went out. We did well with spinnerbaits from 8 am until about 10 am...then it got REALLY windy! It was so windy that we had no time to take pic's or video's, or risk banging into rocks. We finally gave in to the wind and went home. Again...something like 10 fish, only got a couple of video. Debbi got the biggest fish at 4 lbs 1 oz.

Smallmouth bass fishing on Susquehanna River 5-7-10 from Brett Dunn on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment