Check out the main site at:

www.my-fishing-buddy.com

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Madness (5/10/09)

Got out for some fishing on the river Sunday morning. Was on the water at 7am and fished until noon or so.

Morning started off pretty cool...about 54 degrees. Water temps were around 62-63. Water was pretty darned muddy, about 12-18 inches of visibility.

Started out in my usual spots between the bridges in Columbia. I got about 6 fish in the first 2 hours, so it was pretty slow. Of those, only one was over 3 lbs. I had to really work the areas slow with MANY casts, since the water was so muddy.

As the morning went on, it got very windy. 15-20 MPH sustained. It was very difficult to control the boat because the wind was coming almost directly down the river. The wind and current together were really tough to deal with.

I worked the lower rocks, down near the 3 islands and caught a couple more.

Then, I made a long run upriver to the west side, where the wind was partially blocked. Only caught one fish...but, it was 5 lbs 3 oz!

No pic's today, since I was alone, but there is some video. As my luck would have it, when I caught the 5-3, I thought I was recording, but it was on pause. After I let the fish go and hit the record button again (to pause it), I realized that I didnt get any of it recorded. I'll post the video later and you can see my reaction...it's pretty funny. This explains the "Madness" in today's title, LOL.

Smallies are definitely post-spawn now. I still have not found any beds or bass that look/act like they are protecting beds...very strange.

Total for the day was: 10 smallies (5-3, 3-6 and 3-0 were biggest three)

Until next time...FISH ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment